“Reading maketh a full man and writing an exact man” for reading and writing, our library resources are more relevant. The college library is accommodated in a spacious separate floor. It has an air-conditioned reading room with more than 65000 books in stock in addition to the department libraries. The regular subscription of 21 Indian journals adds to the stock of Central and departmental libraries.
Library as a Learning Resource
Role of Library Advisory Committee
The advisory committee of the library is comprised of the principal, librarian and faculty representation each from science and humanities. The committee allocates funds to various departments from state government fund, autonomous and UGC funds. The committee suggests an idea to make the library an easily accessible source of knowledge for all kinds of students. The committee approves the steps taken to enhance the facilities of the library.
- Purchase books for Competitive exams such as TOFEL,GMAT,GRE are stocked.
- Providing books for IAS and for entrance examination such as MCA, MBA, SLET/NET and TET.
- Subscription to 20 periodicals, 8 journals and 4 dailies.
- Provision of display racks.
- Text books and all other study materials are purchased under the plan and non-plan funds granted by the Government, every academic year besides purchase under UGC financial support.
- Students are also rendered counseling service through the supply of information made available in the form of Educative printed materials on Employment opportunities.
- Centralized Air conditioned hall.
- 150 students can avail of the reading room at a time.
- Sufficient number of racks to display an increased number of books and volumes.
- 50 Braille dictionaries are available.