“Reading maketh a full man and writing an exact man.” For both reading and writing, our library resources are abundant and very much relevant. The college library is accommodated in a spacious separate floor. It has an air-conditioned reading room with more than 65000 books in stock in addition to books available in the department libraries. The regular subscription of 21 Indian journals adds to the stock of the central and departmental libraries.
Role of Library Advisory Committee
The advisory committee of the library is comprised of the principal, librarian and faculty representation of one each from science and humanities streams. The committee allocates funds to various departments from state government fund, autonomous and UGC funds. The committee makes suggestions to make the library, an easily accessible source of knowledge for all kinds of students. The committee approves the steps taken to enhance the facilities of the library.
- Books to aid preparation for competitive exams such as TOFEL, GMAT and GRE.
- Books to facilitate preparation for IAS, SLET/NET and TET and for entrance examinations to join courses like MCA and MBA.
- Subscriptions to 20 periodicals, 8 journals and 4 dailies.
- Provision of display racks.
- Purchase of text books and all other study materials under the plan and non-plan funds granted by the government, every academic year apart from purchase under UGC financial support.
- Counselling service for students through the supply of information made available in the form of educative printed materials on employment opportunities.
- Centralized Air conditioned hall.
- Reading room facility to accommodate 150 students at a time.
- Sufficient number of racks to display an increased number of books and volumes.
- 50 Braille dictionaries.